As the weather gets warmer, here are some of my favorite Springtime outdoor activities...check websites for updates and mask rules. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions. I would love to hear about your favorite place. Cathy
1. Take a hike. Check out the Audobon Society in Greenwich and Fairfield, Earthplace in Westport, Devil’s Den Preserve in Weston. Want to go farther? Check out Kent Falls State Park in Kent. Some of these trails let you take your dog and bike…but check first.
2. Explore nature. In addition to hiking, visit Stamford Museum & Nature Center, their wonderful playground and all the animals, chickens, otters, trails and wildlife. Or go climbing at The Discovery Adventure Park! They've strung lights in the trees to provide just enough gentle illumination, at night! New, extended hours.
3. Take a daycation. Check out Legoland Discovery Center, Westchester. With two rides and a 4D theater in addition to all the LEGO® brick fun, the kids will be entertained for hours. Visit them online for tickets and info. Going north? Visit the CT Science Center or the Yale Peabody Museum.
4. Join the animals. Disconnect at the Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport. Be sure to visit their Tropical Winter Greenhouse, a tropical paradise. It's a short walk through another world! Like farms? Check out the wonderful Ambler Farm in Wilton or the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk.
6. Enjoy Family festivals. List of Easter and Memorial Day activities to come! Stay tuned!
7. Visit a farmers market Click here for a list.
8. Get into culture. Spend a day in NYC. Check out the Intrepid, Museum of Natural History, the MOMA or the Guggeheim. Then eat at Eataly!
9. Cruise around. Take a boat ride or local cruise. Check out the wildlife cruises at Norwalk Seaport, or listen to music while visiting Island Beach or Great Captain's Island in Greenwich.
10. Get out in the garden Visit Wakeman Town Farm for great ideas and advice. MacArdles, Geigers, Terrain, Stew Leonards and Home Depot have great planting supplies.